Staff Size

Ask a question, or offer help to others
KoltonS

Staff Size

Post by KoltonS » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to reduce or increase staff size. Like how it is normally on the first line of a piece of music. If there is please let me know how to do it.

Thanks,
~ KoltonS

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Staff Size

Post by maestro » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:40 pm

The help file section "Features/Staves and Braces" explains how to change staff size. Staff size changes apply to all staves. You can't indent just one staff.

KoltonS

Post by KoltonS » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:29 am

Ok, thanks, but when I came to that help page, It just says,

"Changing the staff height shrinks or grows the staff in both directions. As you increase the height, notes also get larger and fewer notes will fit in each staff. The displayed staff height stays the same on the screen for easy editing, but the staff width and page breaks automatically adjust to keep the dimensions consistent. Printing adjusts the score for the actual selected staff height and width. The light green bars show the printer page size. Zoom out for a print preview."

I want to know how to change them, and when I clicked on brace it didn't do anything. What is it supposed to do?

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:13 pm

The manual says "Draw/Setup" but it should be "Setup/Draw" for the menu selection. Assuming you've selected a staff or brace item in the green draw menu toolbar, use "Setup/Draw" to bring up the staff dialog.

KoltonS

Post by KoltonS » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:21 am

I tried doing that and a pop-up came up that said "No Setup For This Item". Is there a newer version that I should try to upload and try again? I have V2.9.9.000

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:58 pm

You have the latest version but you must either be in demo mode "Setup/Demo" or upgrade to the consort edition.