Newbie issues

Ask a question, or offer help to others
ceruleanthought

Newbie issues

Post by ceruleanthought » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 am

I downloaded the newest version, and I'm running on a Windows XP.
1. How do I draw triplets, exactly? I drew 2 eighth notes and used the little curve with the 3 under it from the Draw All menu, but I don't know how to make that curve-thing work, and the help menu didn't say much about making triplets.
2. When I draw the double staff it has a "Part 1" and "Part 2" on it. How can this go away?
3. How do I make the repeat measures, for example, it plays until the repeat sign, then goes back to the beginning, then when it plays again, there is a second part that's not in the first repeat? If you know what I mean. The repeats when there are 2 parts to it.
Thank you ^w^

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Newbie issues

Post by maestro » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:07 pm

ceruleanthought,

1. Tuplets work like beams. Read the help file topic "Features/Beaming Notes". If that doesn't help post a followup question.
2. Highlight the first brace. Menu option "Setup/Properties" lets you edit the part names. If you don't want any name, set the name to a single space character.
3. You can create first and 2nd endings manually. The menu option "Draw/Text" lets you draw lines and add text.

Amusette

Re: Newbie issues - REPEATSHoed

Post by Amusette » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Howdy!

First look here, and found part three of this thread relates to one help question I was going to ask.

A. On Windows 7 with the setup download (not the zip) I first tried the double-dot/repeat bars fore and aft on the sample songs/files, and then on my in-process file. No repeat.

B. Following the new-song help suggestions I first put in the note sizes on the recommended grid and have hit play and found the result does not match what I put in. In 44 time I put in two 1/4s in the first/partial bar and in the next bar a half note (plus tie to a 1/4 and then final 1/4) and the result seems to be 1/4 notes where I have 1/2 plus tie. (The current state of the file includes a concluding bar with a 1/2-rest.

Where have I gone wrong?

thanks

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Newbie issues

Post by maestro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 am

Amusette,

I could help you better if I could see what you did. You can post your file as an attachment. I'm not certain if the first measure only contains 2 quarter notes, or if you also added 2 beats of rests. Musette doesn't require bar lines. Without the rests in the first measure, the tied half-quarter notes in the 2nd measure will start on beat 3 of the 1st measure.