Printer functionality and Microsoft

Ask a question, or offer help to others
jbuchanan@utmem.edu

Printer functionality and Microsoft

Post by jbuchanan@utmem.edu » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Tried to look before posting, but your system pushed me here after registration (I am a new user). Before I had a default printer set up at this location (I am on a boat--relatively irrelevant) the print function on musette sent me to a Microsoft notebook (which I previously didn't know existed). This gave me a bunch of formatting options, etc, particularly using this as sheet music. Now, since I added a real printer, musette is determined to always print to that printer, which is usually a good thing. However, if you want to email the music, the Microsoft stuff is much nicer, particularly since your "export" function is pretty weak. How can I get back the additional functionality I glimpsed as a beginner. Deselecting the printer as default doesn't do anything. Apparently, once there is a whiff of a real printer, the other options are gone.
Jack Buchanan
Memphis

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Printer functionality and Microsoft

Post by maestro » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 am

Jack,

Musette uses the printer set as the default in Windows Control Panel. I don't know which version of Windows you're using, but in the Control Panel's printer setup, you can probably right-click on the printer you want to use and make it the default.