Newbie questions

Ask a question, or offer help to others
AnnR

Newbie questions

Post by AnnR » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Just bought the Consort Edition v2.9.10.004 and I love it so far. I'll be transposing some music for a Bflat Clarinet and a D Tin Whistle, so this is just what I need.

I am trying to follow the directions, but I could use some clarification. Which is the Grace Note tool :?: Can you guide me thru creating braces again, I got a little lost in the instructions?

Is there something that explains all the various tools? Nothing comes up when you pass the cursor over the Icon to tell you you have the correct tool. I know some are extremely obvious, but some are not to someone who's never written music before.

Do I use text for things like Fine and D.S.?

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks AnnR

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Newbie questions

Post by maestro » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

AnnR,

Grace note is the far right symbol in the "Draw/Notes" menu selection. In the "Draw/All" window it's after the triplet symbol.

To place a new brace, select the brace tool from the "Draw/Staff" menu selection. Click in the score where you want the new brace. Select the staff tool from the tool bar and click an empty spot inside an existing brace to add a new staff. You can click on an existing staff to reposition it within the brace, or press "delete" to remove a highlighted staff.

Hints for tools and menu selections appear on the left side of the bottom status line.

Use the text tool for anything text-related that isn't on the green toolbar.