LEFT/RIGHT counterpart of UP/DOWN to shorten/lengthen note

Ask a question, or offer help to others
WoodyM

LEFT/RIGHT counterpart of UP/DOWN to shorten/lengthen note

Post by WoodyM » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:56 pm

My ambitions far exceed my ability to execute them on Musette right now, one day after installing the free edition. Especially frustrating has been the size of the staves, the closeness of one line to the next leading to misplacing of notes. Eventually I found the "block" feature and found I could delete the mispositioned notes that way. Even later I discovered how the UP-DOWN arrows could do the job much more easily. Then I turned on my inductive reasoning -- reasoning that told me if UP-DOWN could change a note's position on the staff, shouldn't I expect LEFT-RIGHT do do the same thing with its duration? As far as I can tell, there is no such feature, but one like that would greatly improve one's productivity in notating a song. LEFT once would change a quarter note to an eighth, LEFT again would make it a sixteenth, etc. Same for RIGHT to double its duration.

So, although I didn't see a section for "suggested enhancements", the next best place seemed to me to be the HELP forum, especially if there is already a feature that does what my proposed feature would, and all I need is "help" in finding it.

maestro
Site Admin

Re: LEFT/RIGHT counterpart of UP/DOWN to shorten/lengthen note

Post by maestro » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 am

WoodyM,

All questions and problems are taken as "suggested improvements". Check out the "Getting Started/Shortcuts" topic in the help file, and "Easy Entry" heading in the "Getting Started/Creating a New File" topic. There is currently no shortcut to change note durations.

WoodyM

Re: LEFT/RIGHT counterpart of UP/DOWN to shorten/lengthen note

Post by WoodyM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks, I'll check the help out.