printing music

Ask a question, or offer help to others
Nash777

printing music

Post by Nash777 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Whenever I print the music- The notes print but the staff lines do not> It's strange. Any suggestions?

maestro
Site Admin

Re: printing music

Post by maestro » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:19 am

Nash777,

That is strange. For starters, which version of windows and which printer do you use? I'd really appreciate it if you'd post the music file here as an attachment, and if possible, a scan or photo of the printout. Have you tried printing to a pdf file, such as with the free program pdf995 from http://pdf995.com/ ? If so, please post the pdf file also. Thanks for your help.

Nash777

Post by Nash777 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Here is one of the sample files- The notes print but not the staff lines. I have Windows Vista Home edition and an HP
Deskjet 3740 printer Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
RowBoat.mus
(3.34 KiB) Downloaded 652 times

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:21 pm

In Windows Vista Control Panel, click "Hardware and Sound/Printers". In addition to your HP
Deskjet 3740 printer, you should also see Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Right-click on XPS Document Writer and select "Set as Default Printer". Now print a music file from Musette. It will write to an XPS file. Right-click on the XPS file and select "Open With/XPSViewer".
Go back to Control Panel and restore your Deskjet as the default printer.

If the XPS file is not OK, please post here as an attachment.

If the XPS file is OK, there may be a problem with your Deskjet printer or driver. Try printing the XPS file. In Musette, if you have not upgraded to the Consort Edition, click the "Setup/Demo" menu selection. Load any music file. Click the "Draw/Text" menu selection and click the "line drawing" tool in the green toolbar. Draw a few lines anywhere in the score. Try printing on your Deskjet printer. Check the printout for bar lines and the new lines you added. Let me know what happened. If possible, attach a scan or photo of the printout.