How to enlarge staves

Ask a question, or offer help to others
snickersnake

How to enlarge staves

Post by snickersnake » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm

I looked at the help file and I searched this forum but I still need help. I just need to enlarge the sizes of the staves because they are so small when printed, the notes are so tiny - too hard to read. In 'Help,' it says "Once you have the correct number of staves in the first brace, press Esc to clear any highlighting, make sure the Draw/Staff/Brace option is still highlighted in the green toolbar and select Setup/Draw. You can change the staff name, size, left margin, instrument and channel." I follow these instructions but when I click Setup/Draw, I get "No setup for this item." I just want larger staves, thus larger notes.

Another problem I can't figure out (I should probably make a new topic for this) is that it won't use my default printer. I have two printers attached to my PC via USB. One of them is the default, but it chooses the other, even though that printer is powered off. I've never had this happen with any app before so I was just curious to know if anyone here experienced anything like this. Thanks.

maestro
Site Admin

Re: How to enlarge staves

Post by maestro » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 am

snickersnake,

I suspect the problems are related. Musette scales staves for the selected printer. To help with a real solution, I'd like to see a log file. The log files are in the same folder as musette.exe (usually c:\program files\musette) and have names starting with "MusetteLog" and the names end with numbers indicating the date. You can post a file here as an attachment, and also mention the name of the printer you want to use.

There are possible workarounds. Experimental version 2.10 allows selecting a printer and may help. Demo mode (menu option "Setup/Demo") enables all program features, including "Setup/Draw", but doesn't allow saving. You could use demo mode to scale and print.