playback speed and Quicktime - can't Quicktime go --I dunno-- quicker?!

Ask a question, or offer help to others
115-1103201554

Post by 115-1103201554 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:56 pm

I've made some MIDIs, and they sound nice, but they sound better when they're sped up a bit. (They're fiddlin' pieces.) When I play them in Musette or Media Player, they play back faster, as intended. But if I click on a link and let Quicktime play the piece, it's as slow as ever. What am I doing wrong?

Also, when setting the playback speed, there appear to be two ways to get to the same box, but only one way seems to affect playback. You can Draw/Time, right-click, Properties, and get the piece to speed up. What does Draw/Time, right-click, Setup-Draw do? Does it matter if the two settings of the slider differ from one another?

Thank you.

Eliz.

109-1037767608

Post by 109-1037767608 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:18 am

In general "Properties" immediately changes the options of the highlighted item. Setup/Draw changes the default options that will apply to new items. Sometimes they're the same, such as setting the font for lyrics because all lyrics use the same font. Other items can have individual settings.

If the whole piece stays the same speed, you can use Score/Config. Properties with a time signature allows changing the tempo within the piece.

I don't have Quicktime so I can't comment on how it plays MIDI files. Anyone out there have an answer?