Validation / Save Settings File

Ask a question, or offer help to others
JCannon

Validation / Save Settings File

Post by JCannon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:39 pm

I received my validation code, and it appears to work. (It unlocks the features.) However it gets an error.

"Error Code 3" "The system cannot find the path specified."

The same error comes up when I try to 'Save Settings' or when I exit the program after using the Validate option.

This is on Windows 7. I used the "MusSetup.exe" to install the program.

There doesn't appear to be a musette.ini file anywhere on the system. I have a feeling that's the file it's trying to create but I don't know which directory it thinks it would be creating it in.

JCannon

Re: Validation / Save Settings File (SOLUTION)

Post by JCannon » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:47 pm

I found the solution myself.

When I installed Musette it asked for my identity. This defaulted to my full name from my Windows profile (ie, "First Last"). However, when it went to store the settings file and the validation it wanted to store it under the 'Account Name' that I was logged into (ie. 'c:\users\username\Musette').

I had to create that directory and it worked.

Now I have two directories:

c:\users\First Last\Musette\ : This is where all the sample .mus files were placed.
c:\users\username\Musette\ : Currently all that is here is the musette.ini file and a log file.

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Validation / Save Settings File

Post by maestro » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks. I'll recheck the setup procedure. If you wish, you can copy everything from c:\users\First Last\Musette\ to c:\users\username\Musette\ and delete c:\users\First Last\Musette\. Menu "File/Example Files" will look in c:\users\username\Musette\