LOST MY ENTIRE MUSETTE MUSIC WHEN COMPUTER WENT DOWN

Ask a question, or offer help to others
sonicjett

LOST MY ENTIRE MUSETTE MUSIC WHEN COMPUTER WENT DOWN

Post by sonicjett » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Is there any way I can get back all my MUSETTE music from my previously installed MUSETTE programme.
My computer just went down :roll: and I had to reinstall MUSETTE (on the same machine).

There appears to be no record of all the music I painstakingly wrote note by note (from the last few years).
Luckily I have printed most if it out, but now of course it's not on MUSETTE so I cannot edit it (change the key signature etc).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALso having had this nasty experience, is there any way of saving the music elsewhere on the computer
in a form that will stay there when the MUSETTE programme is removed and reinstalled?

maestro
Site Admin

Re: LOST MY ENTIRE MUSETTE MUSIC WHEN COMPUTER WENT DOWN

Post by maestro » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 am

Sorry to hear about your computer. If your original hard drive is OK, the files should still be there. Reinstalling musette keeps all your existing music files. Try searching for "*.mus" files from the windows "start" button.

If your hard drive was damaged, the files may have been damaged. Some recovery programs can search for and reconstruct damaged files. Try an internet search.

There are also programs that can "read" scanned sheet music like your printouts and convert to a MIDI file which musette can read. Try an internet search.

Good luck. If your computer can record data CDs or DVDs, that's an easy way to backup files. If not, flash drives are another cheap and easy way to backup files.