drums - percussion notation

Ask a question, or offer help to others
Ovidiu

drums - percussion notation

Post by Ovidiu » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 am

Musette is the only software permitting to write absolutely all what you want. All the other software, force you to respect the music rules, to place the notes only in the right position. If you want to write (for personal reasons) a wrong note, the other software don't let you!
Unfortunately, Musette doesn't have the percussion notation.
I saw the MusetteMusic4a and MusetteMusic4b fonts include the drum notation but they are not available inside the application. Does someone know how to replace the normal notes with the drum notes? I don't need to hear the sounds. I need only to write them.
Thanks

maestro
Site Admin

Re: drums - percussion notation

Post by maestro » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Ovidiu,

You can place music symbols anywhere as text by selecting a music font with menu "Setup/Draw" or "Setup/Properties" or right-clicking on the character or text. A future version will support different noteheads. You can sign up for e-mail announcements at http://musettemusic.com/beta.php

Ovidiu

Post by Ovidiu » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 pm

it doesn't let me to link the notes... Maybe is better to wait the next version of Musette and to use the right drum noteheads.

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:43 am

As you noticed, Musette treats the characters as text, not as notes. If you want to experiment before the next version is ready, you could edit the music font file to replace the oval noteheads with x noteheads. The x noteheads should be exactly the same size and you'll have to replace font files to change noteheads. Search for "font editor".