clarinet score to flute transcription

Ask a question, or offer help to others
flauto

clarinet score to flute transcription

Post by flauto » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:01 am

How do I go about? I have a duet for two clarinets and wish to transcribe first line to flute. Possible?

maestro
Site Admin

Re: clarinet score to flute transcription

Post by maestro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:49 am

I'm assuming both parts are already in treble clef and the only issue is range. You might have to transpose the top line up an octave. If you only want to transpose some of the top part, or you're using the free solo edition, select menu "Draw/Staff" and the dashed selection box from the green toolbar. Select the portions of one staff that you want to transpose, then select menu "Format/Transpose". Repeat for each staff.

If you have the consort edition upgrade, you can transpose the entire top part by hiding the bottom part and transposing the entire score. Right-click on an empty part of the staff and select "Setup Draw", select the bottom part from the "Staff/Part" box, uncheck the "visible" option in the upper right, click "Replace" and "OK". Only the top part will be visible. Now use menu ""Format/Transpose", go back to staff "Setup Draw" and make the bottom part visible again.

The help file and video demo at http://musettemusic.com/MusetteDemo.wmv has more.