Sharps and Flats

Ask a question, or offer help to others
xantavis

Sharps and Flats

Post by xantavis » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:21 am

I've been using MUS for a long time now, and I find it quite sad, that one problem has persisted until now: When I put a # (or b) before a note (let's say g), it doesn't only change the note of the octave until the next bar, but also all the other g's of the other octaves. :( In many cases, this is just annoying. Other than that, I think that Musette is a great program and maybe even the best on the internet! :D
So I would really appreciate if you could fix that! :D

maestro
Site Admin

Re: Sharps and Flats

Post by maestro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 am

Thanks for posting. I'll consider this a request to choose which convention to use with accidentals. I'm aware of 2 different conventions for applying accidentals. I assume you're writing atonal or extensively chromatic music which would normally apply an accidental to only one octave. Musette currently uses the convention normally applied to tonal harmony which treats an accidental as a temporary override of the key signature which affects all octaves.

xantavis

Post by xantavis » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:10 am

I would really appreciate that!

I was wondering, if you might also be able to allow the user to choose shortcuts for certain things. I've realised, that I use the Staff-option under Draw quite alot, and it would be a little easier if there were a shortcut for that (for example F9).

But of course I have no idea, how hard that is (from the programming perspective) :P

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:45 pm

All suggestions are welcome and carefully considered. If you've upgraded to the Consort Edition, you have access to the staff and all other symbols from the "Draw/All" menu option.