The newest Version

Ask a question, or offer help to others
xantavis

The newest Version

Post by xantavis » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:20 am

Hello there,
I am still using musette extensively. I have also updated to the newest version already. Sadly, there are 2 things that are a little irritating:

1. As I have written in my post 1 year ago (Sharps and Flats), the thing with the accidentals concerning the affect on the notes on different octaves is still the same. As I compose pretty complex pieces ( < 200 kB). Also, when I show the pieces to others, they are confused by it.

2. The newest version V2.12.3 has a problem with the following: When you connect 2 (or more) notes to a chord and then add an accidental and a dot to the highest note of the chord, the optical design of the chord looks weird and confusing. Also in Playback, the next note of the same quality will be played as though there were no accidental (for example: #g would be played as g).

PS.: Years ago, I have already upgraded to the Consort Edition.

I hope you can do something about it in the near future!

maestro
Site Admin

Re: The newest Version

Post by maestro » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:26 pm

I don't know how #2 escaped notice for so long. I posted a preliminary version that should fix it at http://musettemusic.com/MusSetup_v2_12_8.exe Please let us know if it fixes problem #2 for you.

I'm investigating solutions for #1, probably a new option to select which convention to use for accidentals.

xantavis

Re: The newest Version

Post by xantavis » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 am

good, problem 2 is now solved, thanks!