lyrics first?

Ask a question, or offer help to others
Jim_L

Post by Jim_L » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Can lyrics be typed in first? Then notation added afterwards?

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:12 pm

Jim_L,

Yes. You can also use the tab key to start the next lyric, or paste from the clipboard with "Edit/Paste Lyrics" but of course Musette can't automatically align the text with notes unless there are notes.

Edited By maestro on 1202398020

Jim_L

Post by Jim_L » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Well, i'm musically illiterate, no reading or writing notation. I played with Finale Notepad but I need to type lyrics first, then figure out/add notes afterwards.

And by notes, i mean dots...;>)
I've been drawing out staves in Coreldraw but figured it'd be easier with a proper program to add all the orchestral instruments I 'use' in my songs.

Sadly Notepad would only do 8 staves unless I upgrade but i'm not looking to use anywhere near the abilities of the program nor learn to read/write, just jot down the notes for instruments to make it easier for someone else to transcribe my recordings for a stage musical comedy i'm writing.

Amusette

Re: lyrics first?

Post by Amusette » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Ah, yes. Lyrics.

I clicked under the first note, and from then on it was a mess. TAB did not in general get me to the next note.

1/4 following a 1/4? Not too bad.
1/2 following a 1/4? Way off.
A bar following any(?) note? Program thinks the bar is a note.

And on those innumerable occasions when one continues to TAB to get closer to where the word should go, what looks like like underscores are left behind. Non-erasable, apparently (so far).

I did some space-bar movements but have no idea whether there is some program feature that will mess up.

What do you say?

Thanks

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 am

Amusette,

I could help you better if you post your file as an attachment. If you're entering lyrics between staves, Musette has to guess if you placing lyrics below the staff above, or above the staff below and chooses the closest staff. Do the lyrics line up with notes on the staff above or below? If extra tabs leave behind underlines, you can use undo, or select the underline and press "delete", or select the underline with a left-click and then tap the right mouse button before releasing the left button.

Amusette

Post by Amusette » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks.

Was between the staves, the lower one being blank.