Problems with saving - Save and Save As - greyed out.

Ask a question, or offer help to others
Miles

Post by Miles » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:42 pm

Hello - I am a new user of Musette and have upgraded to the Consort Edition but I am having trouble saving the files I have created. When I first create a new file I can save various edits to it but after a while when I go to save again, the Save and Save As are greyed out and I am not able to save my new edits. This has been incredibly frustrating as I have put in quite a lot of time transcribing music only to find I can not Save it. I assumed that this was only a problem with the free version of Musette but I still have the problem even after the upgrade. Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?

maestro
Site Admin

Post by maestro » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:00 am

Miles,

Welcome to Musette. If you switch to demo mode ("Setup/Demo" menu option) the "save" options are disabled. Demo mode is intended for people to try Consort Edition features (except save) before they purchase the upgrade. If you're certain you're not in demo mode, look in your Musette folder for files named MusetteLog_yy_mm_dd.txt where "yy_mm_dd" are the year, month and day. Click "Add Reply" and post the most recent file here as an attachment. They contain information about the inner workings of Musette and may provide important clues about the problem. You can only post one file at a time so if you have more files, you can post them in additional replies.

Until we find a solution, save often so you won't lose much if it happens again.

Once you reply to this message, I'll move it to the regular "help" forum and upgrade you to full member status.

Edited By maestro on 1209305626

Miles

Post by Miles » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:35 am

Yes I think you have pinpointed the problem. I checked the text logs and found that I had switched to Demo mode on each occasion. Can't remember why I did this but will make certain I don't in future and see if the Saving problem has been resolved. Many thanks. Miles

Miles

Post by Miles » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:50 am

Administrator

Thank you. It looks like you have solved the problem. I checked the log files and noted that for some reason I had switced to the Demo mode on each occasion when I had trouble saving. I can not remember why I did this but now that I know, the files are saving just fine. Thanks for a nice program. The transpose function has been working brilliantly for me.

Regards